Ideal for seperating & isolating contaminated
water as well as soaking up leaks & spills
(especially in hard-to-reach places)
100% environmentally friendly & biodegradable FloodSax are an effective lightweight alternative to regular sandbags, which can be used in a range of clean up applications including:
- Storm / Flash Flooding - Isolation & Separation of Liquid Pollutants
- Riverine Flooding
- Domestic Flooding
- Factory Spills
- Fire Sprinklers
- Toilet Backflow
FloodSax vs traditional sandbags
The many reasons you should choose FloodSax over sand bags for flood mitigation
- Easy to store and can be vacuumed-packed to save even more room.
- Always there for peace of mind to prevent floods. No panic to buy sandbags if a flood is forecast.
- Can be expanded in water right next to where you need them and stay taut until flood subsides.
- Lightweight before they are used with the standard bag weighing just 0.2kg (7 ounces) so can be used by people who would not be able to lift sandbags.
- Thousands can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages and manpower.
- Can be stored in small depots around the area, not one huge central store so can be taken even more quickly to the scene.
- One can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by the floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer.
- FloodSax don’t need sand - one of the earth’s natural resources - and so saves the environment
- Must be replaced regularly costing thousands of pounds for big companies and local authorities that need palletised sand bags ready all year round for any emergency.
- Can deteriorate if stored for a long time, especially in cold, damp warehouses.
- Exceptionally unwieldy to lift and handle with all kinds of health, safety and manual handling technique problems for staff who have to use them at businesses.
- Messy with the sand easily washed out and adding to all the damage if they burst.
- Difficult and expensive to transport anywhere due to their weight. One box of 20 FloodSax® is equal to 20 sandbags on a pallet.
- Need a lot of people to move any number of sandbags anywhere